Well, our disney cruise didn't quite pan out. The day before we were supposed to leave for Vegas, I got a kidney stone. After I got home from the hospital I came home and tried every remedy I could find to get rid of them. I was drinking lemon juice, olive oil and I even downed a 6 pack of coke in 2 hours followed by some asparagus. Nasty! Ok...I actually got through the 5th can and couldn't handle it any more! Anyway, the next day I felt a lot better just a little groggy. I had so much to do to get ready to leave and didn't know how I was going to pull it off. I have some great family and friends...I had people showing up to do laundry, clean my house, bring in food, get us packed, and take my kids. What a blessing they were to me! We pulled it off only because of them. (At this point, no sign of the stones) I figured a miracle happened and they were gone. So we drove to Vegas and I was fine that day and the next day. Sunday morning about 5:00 a.m. I woke up in horrible pain again. Jay R. took me to the ER in Los Angeles and when they did the CT scan both stones were gone! I was thrilled! I knew we still had about 5 hours to get on the boat. About 5 minutes later, my nurse came in and told me my blood level was only at a 6. No idea what that meant but who cares...I gotta cruise to go on!! I found out normal was between 12-16. More serious than I thought. I hadn't felt right for a while but just brushed it off. To make a long story short I had to have a blood transfusion and I wasn't going anywhere! It was horrible. Jeff's family and my parents were all going on the cruise. I felt so bad. I was in tears the whole day. It was so awful. They released me from the hospital the next day. So there we were in LA with no plan whatsoever. We tried to make the most of it but it just wasn't the trip we planned on. Luckily, some of our good friends were actually there the same time so we ended up with them and we had fun! Thanks Amb and Jared for letting us tag along!
Magic show in Vegas.

Disneyland...we all look so happy to be there don't we?!

The Beach

Brin and I went to the American Girl store. We had sooo much fun! She loved every second of it! While we were there Jay R. took the boys to the tar pits museum nearby and they had fun too! I had the camera so we don't have any pics of them. :(
Having lunch with Brin's new doll.
We had to get our picture here. It is so much like Brin's old playroom.

The boys wanted to get their picture taken with this funny little dog. A guy just pushed him around the hotel on a cart on got pictures with people.
Don't ask me what this is...the kids would race off the elevator and when Jay R. and I got there they would be dong this. E-v-e-r-y-time! Hilarious and so random!







5 comments:
I heard about all this while you were still over there. Yuck! Good for you for making a fun trip out of it, though. Sorry you went through all of that!
Lucky for us we got to hang with you guys on our UNPLANNED vacation. Loved it. Can't wait for our planned vacation now.
You are a trooper though. You looked fabulous the whole time like nothing had happened. We didn't see that dog at the hotel.
Love that last picture. Classic
Camille! I found your blog through someone elses. I'm so glad you found the tar pits and American Girl. It was fun, huh? I'm sorry you had such a crazy trip sometimes we just don't know what we are going to experience. Way to make the best of it! I'm glad you are okay. What a darling family you and Jay R. have. Take care, Lisa Geldmacher
Oh my goodness... I can't believe all that you have been through... I am so glad you are feeling better!
I agree... for whatever you reason you weren't supposed to go on your cruise... all things happen for a reason:)
Lucky you.. you have a cruise to look forward too!:)
These pictures are so cool. I've got a huge smile on my face. You've done a great job with your blog. Love the music.....
Post a Comment