Every present that Brinley opened, she would turn around and smile with it. She has caught on! Too bad the boys haven't got the concept down yet!
This was HILARIOUS! (I can say that now but at the time..not so much!) My friend Shonnie and I decided to make these dolls for our girls. We didn't realize how much time they were going to take. We spent many long nights making them. We had to put about 8 layers of paint on them, put weights in them and put them together and put in the hair strand by strand. They seriously took forever. Not a good project to start 2 weeks before Christmas. But I just knew Brinley was going to love her. I sure did! lol! There were headbands, outfits, bottles, blankets, binkies....the whole deal....
Here the big moment is.... pulling off the wrapping paper...
She looks at the doll then looks at me with this weird grin. Her very "unsure look!" Every gift she had opened up to this point, there was so much excitement with a big squeal of surprise, but with this.. there was nothing! Just "the look."
She turned around and never looked back again. Just pretended like she never opened the gift! I was ready to burst into tears! I still don't know what the deal was. She wouldn't talk about it. Not sure if it scared her a little or what. She does like her better now though. Just took some getting used to I guess. LOL! All in all though, the kids were happy and we had a wonderful Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment